The radio may contain a coded theft protection circuit. Always obtain the code number before disconnecting the battery. If the vehicle is equipped with 4WS, the steering control unit is shut down when the battery is disconnected. After connecting the battery, turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock to reset the steering control unit.
Prelude And Accord
The valve clearance is checked with the engine COLD.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions at the beginning of this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the valve covers
- Rotate the crankshaft so that the camshaft lobe is directed away from the valve tappet to be measured.
- Insert a feeler gauge under the camshaft lobe at a 90 degree angle to the camshaft. Clearance for the intake valves should be 0.008-0.010 inch (0.21-0.25mm). Clearance for the exhaust valves should be 0.010-0.011 inch (0.25-0.29mm).
- If adjustment is necessary, loosen the locknut and turn the adjusting screw until the clearance is correct.
- Tighten the locknut to 14 ft. lbs. (20 Nm) and recheck the valve clearance.
- Repeat for each valve requiring adjustment.