Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the rear tires.
- Remove the necessary components in order to gain access to the ball joint.
Remove the cotter pin and lock nut from the ball joint.
NOTEAlways use a ball joint removal tool to disconnect the ball joint. Do not strike the housing or any other part of the ball joint connection to disconnect it.
- Install the ball joint removal tool onto the threads of the ball joint pin. Remove the ball joint from its mounting.
- Installation is in the reverse order of the removal procedure.