The fuel injection system remains under pressure after the engine has been turned OFF . Properly relieve fuel pressure before disconnecting any fuel lines. Failure to do so may result in fire or personal injury.
Do not allow fuel spray or fuel vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher nearby. Never store fuel in an open container due to risk of fire or explosion.
The radio may contain a coded theft protection circuit. Always obtain the code number before disconnecting the battery.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions in the beginning of this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the fuel fill cap. Remove the intake manifold cover.
- Position the proper size wrench on the fuel pulsation damper at the fuel rail. Place a shop towel over the fuel pulsation damper.
- Slowly loosen the fuel pulsation damper on complete turn.
- Replace all washers whenever the fuel pulsation damper is loosened or removed.