Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014, and Trim pad remover, Snap-on A 177A or equivalent tools.
- Lower the door glass fully.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
With your hand, carefully release the clip, lift the cover upward to release the hooks (A), and remove the cover (B) in the sequence shown.
NOTEUse the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.
WARNINGTake care not to scratch the door and related parts.
Pull back the inner handle knob (A). Using a trim tool, push on the lower hook (B) and pivot the cover (C) on the upper hooks (D), then remove the cover.
- Remove the screws, then remove the inner handle, and disconnect the inner handle cable.
Remove the screw from under the pull pocket lid.
WARNINGTo prevent damaging any components inside the door, never use excessive force when lifting up on the door panel.
- Remove the door panel (A) with as little bending as possible to avoid creasing or breaking it, as follows:
- Disconnect the courtesy light sub-harness connector (A), power mirror switch connector (B) (driver's), power window switch connector (C), and power rear window switch connector (D) (driver's).
- Disconnect the power mirror connector (A).
While holding the mirror, remove the nuts securing the mirror.
While holding the mirror, push in on the connector clips (A), then push out to remove the mirror (B). Be careful not to scratch the door.
- Install the mirror in the reverse order of removal, and make sure the connector is plugged in properly.
Install the door panel in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Replace any damaged clips.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly, and that the cable and the courtesy light bulb socket are connected properly.
- Make sure the window and power door lock operate properly.
- Use the HDS to perform the power window control unit reset procedure.