Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle and install in a strut spring compressor. Compress the spring until the end of the spring comes away from the spring seat.
- Remove the upper strut mount, spring seat and related components.
- Remove the coil spring from the strut spring compressor.
Use a new self-locking nut.
- Install the cushion (A) on the upper spring seat (B) by aligning the tab (C) with the notch (D) in the seat.
- Compress the spring.
Align an angle of the bracket (A) and the tab portion (B) on the cushion. Position the angle of the tab portion and the stud bolt (C) near the
stamp on the upper spring seat.
- Install the upper strut mounting components and tighten the nut to 33 ft. lbs. (44 Nm).
- Install the strut to the vehicle.
- Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.