Control Arm Bushing Replacement
The control arm bushings are serviced with the control arms as an assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link from the strut.
- Remove and discard the lower ball joint nut.
- Separate the lower ball stud from the knuckle.
- Remove and discard the lower arm horizontal and vertical bolts.
- Remove the lower arm.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Use new bolts and nuts. Install all fasteners loosely, then, final torque all fasteners with the suspension loaded (weight of the car). Never back off the ball stud nut to align the cotter pin holes. Always tighten it to align.
Vertical lower arm bolt: 83 ft. lbs. (113 Nm)