Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front wheels.
Remove the caps from the front strut mounting nuts. Position the engine hanger adapters (VSB02C000024) with the FRONT mark facing forward, over the flange nuts.
- Install the balancer bar (VSB02C000019):
Install the support hanger (AAR-T-12566):
- Attach the hook to the slotted hole in the balancer bar.
- Tighten the wing nut (F) by hand to lift and support the engine/transaxle assembly.
- Disconnect the stabilizer links from the stabilizer bar.
Attach front subframe adapter VSB02C000016 to the subframe and attach the power train lift, OTC-1585, to the adapter as shown.
- Remove the four 12mm flange bolts (A) from the subframe front brackets (B).
Loosen the two 14mm flange bolts (C) so they are
in. (about 14mm) from the mounting surface. Don-t loosen the more than is necessary.
- Raise the jack slightly and remove the 12mm bolts from the subframe rear brackets.
- Remove the two 14mm bolts from the subframe rear brackets.
- Lower the jack slowly until the subframe has dropped about 9 / 16 in. (about 14mm).
- Matchmark the bushings and bar. Remove the stabilizer bar brackets and bar.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Align the subframe and perform a front end alignment. Torque the bracket bolts to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).