Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake hose bracket bolt.
- Remove the caliper bracket bolts and caliper and support it out of the way.
- Remove the sensor from the knuckle.
- Unstake and remove the halfshaft end nut.
Remove the brake rotor.
NOTEIt may be necessary to push off the rotor by using two 8x1.25mm bolts in the holes provided.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the tie rod end from the knuckle.
- Remove the ball stud nut and separate the lower control arm from the knuckle.
- Remove the strut-to-knuckle bolts/nuts.
- Pull the knuckle outwards while tapping the end of the halfshaft with a plastic hammer.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Use new bolts and nuts. Install all fasteners loosely, then, final torque all fasteners with the suspension loaded (weight of the car). Never back off the ball stud nut to align the cotter pin holes. Always tighten it to align. Observe the following torques:
Strut-to-knuckle: 156 ft. lbs. (211 Nm)