Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the knuckle.
- Place the knuckle in a press. Separate the hub (A) from the knuckle (B). Hold the knuckle with the press attachment (C).
- Press the inner race from the hub.
Remove the splash guard and snapring from the knuckle.
- Press the wheel bearing from the knuckle.
Wash the knuckle and hub thoroughly with a safe solvent.
Press a new bearing (A) into the knuckle (B) using the old bearing (C), a steel plate (D) and the special tools shown.
NOTEInstall the bearing with the sensor magnetic encoded (E), brown color, towards the outside of the knuckle. Take care to avoid damaging the encoder surface. Keep all magnetic tools away from the encoder.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Torque the splash shield bolts to 86 inch lbs. (9.8 Nm).