Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the rear back seat.
- Remove the access panel on the floor.
- Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
- Disconnect the quick-connect fitting from the module.
- Using a lockring tool and breaker bar, loosen the lockring.
- Remove the lockring (A) and the module.
Remove the filter (B), the sending unit (C), the case (D), the harness (E) and the pressure regulator (F).
- Remove the bracket (A).
- Remove the clip (B).
Remove the fuel pressure regulator (C).
Install the regulator in the reverse order of removal with new O-rings (D).
NOTECoat the O-rings with clean engine oil.
- Do not pinch the O-rings during installation.
- Never apply brake fluid, vegetable oil, or alcohol-based oil to the O-rings.
- Installation of the fuel tank unit is the reverse of removal. Make sure that the suction filter (G) is firmly connected to the pump (H). Use a new gasket (J), a new lockring and new O-rings (K). Align the marks (L) on the unit (M) and the tank (N). Torque the lockring to 69 ft. lbs. (93 Nm).