Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the fuel filler cap.
- Remove the rear back seat.
- Remove the access panel on the floor.
- Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
- Disconnect the quick-connect fitting from the module.
- Using a lockring tool and breaker bar, loosen the lockring.
- Remove the lockring (A) and the module.
- Remove the filter (B), the sending unit (C), the case (D), the harness (E) and the pressure regulator (F).
Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure that the suction filter (G) is firmly connected to the pump (H). Use a new gasket (J), a new lockring and new O-rings (K). Align the marks (L) on the unit (M) and the tank (N). Torque the lockring to 69 ft. lbs. (93 Nm).