Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014, or equivalent trim tool set.
Remove the center panel, as follows:
CAUTIONAir bag SRS components are located in this area. Make sure to review the SRS precautions in the Chassis Electrical Section before performing repairs or service.
WARNINGTake care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
NOTEUse the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.
From under the dash, detach the clips, release the guide (A), then remove the driver's console side trim (B) and passenger's console side trim (C).
- Open the center lower pocket, and remove it by pulling the bottom of it up.
- Remove the screws (B).
- Pull out the cover to release the clips (C, D).
- Disconnect the seat heater connectors (E), if equipped, and accessory socket connectors (F).
Remove the dashboard center lower cover (A).
- From under the dash, detach the clips, release the guide (A), then remove the driver's console side trim (B) and passenger's console side trim (C).
- Remove the self-tapping screws and the climate control unit.
- Install the control unit in the reverse order of removal. After installation, operate the various functions to see whether works properly.
Install the dashboard center lower cover in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
- Replace any damaged clips.
- Make sure the each connector is plugged in properly.
- Push the clips into place securely.
- Use the HDS to run the self-diagnostic function to confirm that there are no problems in the system.