Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove and discard the brake hose clip.
- Remove the brake hose bracket bolts.
- Remove the caliper bracket mounting bolts and support the caliper out of the way.
- Remove the sensor from the knuckle. Don-t disconnect it.
- Remove the halfshaft end nut.
- Remove the rotor.
- Remove the parking brake shoes and cable.
- Disconnect the upper arm from the knuckle.
- Remove lower arm A.
- Support the lower arm B with a floor jack.
- Disconnect lower arm B from the knuckle.
- Pull outward on the knuckle while tapping the end of the halfshaft with a plastic hammer.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Install all fasteners loosely and torque them with the weight of the car on the suspension. Use new bolts and nuts and a new brake line clip. See the relevant procedures in this chapter for torque values.