Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Place the transaxle in N .
- Drain the transaxle. When the fluid is drained, install the drain plug, using a new washer and torque to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- Remove the subframe stiffener.
- Remove the exhaust pipe and bracket.
- Disconnect the transfer case breather.
- Matchmark the driveshaft and disconnect it from the transfer case.
Remove the bolts and remove the transfer case.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Transfer case bolts: 38 ft. lbs. (51 Nm)