This sensor measures the intake air volume. It makes use of a Karman vortex to detect the sir flow rate and sends it to the ECM as the intake air volume signal. The ECM uses this intake air volume signal to decide the basic fuel injection duration.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the sensor connector.
- Remove the air filter cover.
- Remove the sensor retaining screws. Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.