- Loosen the tension mounting bolt.
- Turn the adjusting bolt to obtain the proper belt tension, then retighten the mounting bolt.
- Recheck the deflection of the drive belt.
Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the engine splash shield.
- Rotate the drive belt tensioner clockwise to release the drive belt tension.
- Remove the drive belt from the alternator.
- Slowly release the drive belt tensioner.
- Remove the drive belt from the accessory drive pulleys.
- Install the drive belt to the accessory drive pulley.
- Rotate the drive belt tensioner clockwise.
- Install the drive belt to the alternator.
- Ensure the drive belt is properly aligned and seated into the grooves of the accessory drive pulleys.
- Slowly release the drive belt tensioner
- Install the engine splash shield.
- Lower the vehicle.