Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the front right wheel and tire.
- Remove the right side cover.
Remove the drive belt (A), the idler (B) and the tensioner (C).
NOTEIn removing the drive belt, fix a tool in the auto tensioner pulley bolt and turn the bolt counter clockwise.
Remove the timing belt upper cover (A).
Align the groove of the pulley with the timing mark of the timing belt cover by turning the crankshaft pulley clockwise. Check if the timing mark of the camshaft sprocket is aligned with that of the cylinder head cover at the moment. No.1 cylinder piston at Top Dead Center (TDC).
Sustain the engine oil pan with a jack.
CAUTIONPut a wooden or rubber block between the jack and the engine oil pan.
- Remove the engine mounting bracket (A).
Remove the crankshaft damper pulley (A).
- Remove the crankshaft damper.
- Install the crankshaft damper.
- Install the crankshaft pulley. Torque mounting bolts to 133 ft. lbs. (180 Nm).
- Replace the engine mounting bracket.
- Lower the jack and remove from the vehicle.
- Install the upper timing belt cover.
- Making sure all timing and alignment marks match, install the drive belt, the idler and the tensioner.
- Install the right side cover.
- Install the right front tire and wheel.
- Install the engine cover.