Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Move the timing belt tensioner pulley toward the water pump and secure it.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Install the timing belt and turn the crankshaft sprocket in a reverse direction and align the timing marks.
- Turn the crankshaft two turns in its operating direction and realign the camshaft sprocket timing mark to Top Dead Center (TDC).
Install or connect the following:
Timing belt cover. Tighten the bolts to 84 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Refill the engine with coolant to the correct level.