- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front muffler and the main muffler assemblies.
- Remove the propeller shaft assembly (4WD only).
- Remove the fuel tank under cover.
Remove the clamps (3 each) for the fuel filler hose (A), the leveling hose (B) and the ventilation hose (C).
Support the fuel tank with a jack and remove the fuel tank straps (2 each).
Unfasten parking brake cable mounting bolts (2 each) on both the right and the left sides.
- Letting down the fuel tank slowly, remove the fuel pump wiring connector, the main fuel hose and the return fuel hose which are connected to fuel tank.
- Disconnect the fuel sender wiring connector.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Remove the suction hose between fuel pump module and sub fuel sender unit.
- Unscrew fuel pump module mounting bolts and sub fuel sender unit mounting bolts.
- When lifting up fuel pump module and sub fuel sender, be careful not to do damage to the sender.
- With the fuel tank removed from the vehicle, install the fuel pump module and sub fuel sender unit into the tank and insert their respective mounting bolts. Tighten all bolts securely.
- Install the suction hose between the fuel pump module and the sub fuel sender unit.
- Using the jack, position the fuel tank back under the vehicle in order to ready for installation.
- Lift the fuel tank to the proper height for installing back under the vehicle.
- Connect the fuel sender wiring connector.
- Install the fuel pump wiring connector, the main fuel hose and the return fuel hose.
- Install the parking brake cable, insert the mounting bolts and tighten.
- Install the fuel tanks straps tightening the bolts to 28.9-39.8 ft. lbs. (40-55 N).
- Install all clamps for the fuel filler hose, the leveling hose and the ventilation hose.
- Install the fuel tank cover.
- Install the front muffler and main muffler assemblies.