- Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/recycling/charging station.
- When the engine is cool, drain the engine coolant from the radiator.
- Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
Remove the bolts (A) and the expansion valve (B) from the evaporator core. Plug or cap the lines immediately after disconnecting them to avoid moisture and dust contamination.
- Disconnect the inlet (C) and outlet (D) heater hoses from the heater unit. Engine coolant will run out when the hoses are disconnected ; drain it into a clean drip pan. Be sure not to let coolant spill on electrical parts or painted surfaces. If any coolant spills, rinse it off immediately.
- Remove the crash pad.
- Remove the cross member.
Remove the mounting nut (A), the mounting bolts (B) and heater AND evaporator unit (C).
- Remove the side bracket (C).
Remove the clip and lower cover. Be careful not to bend the inlet and outlet pipes during heater core and evaporator core removal.
Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the temperature actuator (C). Remove the self-tapping screws(B) and the temperature actuator (C) from the heater unit.
Installation is the reverse order of removal, and note these items:
Make sure temperature actuator runs smoothly.