Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
- Recover the refrigerant with a recover/recycling/charging station.
- When the engine is cool, drain the engine coolant from the radiator.
- Remove the luggage side trim.
- Remove the rear speaker.
Loosen the air duct mounting screw, and then remove the rear air duct (A).
- Loosen the refrigerant line mounting bolts, and then remove the rear refrigerant line.
Remove the heater hose (A) and drain hose (B).
Remove the rear heater main connector (A).
Loosen the rear heater mounting nuts, then remove the rear heater unit (A).
- Remove the rear temperature actuator.
Remove the rear temperature actuator lever (A).
- Remove the heater core.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.