Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the transaxle assembly. Refer to Manual Transaxle Assembly, removal & installation.
Insert the special tool (09411-11000) in the clutch disc to prevent the disc from falling.
Loosen the bolts which attach the clutch cover to the flywheel in a star pattern. Loosen the bolts in succession, 1 or 2 turns at a time, to avoid bending the cover flange.
NOTEDo not clean the clutch disc or the release bearing with cleaning solvent.
- Remove the release fork shaft and bushing.
- Remove clutch cover assembly and then driven disc and pressure plate.
When installing the clutch, apply grease to each part, but be careful not to apply excessive grease. It can cause clutch slippage and shudder.
- Install the driven disc and pressure plate in to the clutch cover assembly.
- Install the clutch disc assembly to the flywheel using the special tool (09411-11000).
- Install the clutch cover assembly to the flywheel and temporarily tighten the bolts 1 or 2 steps at a time in a star pattern.
Tightening torque for clutch cover bolt: 11-16 ft. lbs. (15-22 Nm).
Align the bearing (A) to the release fork (B) and then install it to the sleeve of the housing.
CAUTIONApply multipurpose grease (CASMOLY L9508) to the bearing sleeve, contact point of the release fork (B) and the bushing inner surface (C).
Install the release lever to the release fork.
CAUTIONIf the transaxle assembly is installed to the engine without performing this step, the release bearing can be separated, as the release fork rotates freely.
- Install the transaxle assembly to the engine.