Removal & Installation
Hyundai Entourage 2007-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Wait at least 3 minutes for the air bag back-up power supply to deplete its stored energy before continuing.
- Unfasten the retainers on the back of the steering wheel, then carefully remove the driver-s side air bag module.
Detach the electrical connectors, then remove the steering wheel locknut.
WARNINGNEVER hammer on the steering wheel when removing it. This may damage the steering column.
Matchmark the installed position of the steering wheel, then install a suitable steering wheel puller to remove the steering wheel.
Loosen the screws, and then remove the steering column upper (B) and lower shrouds (A).
Disconnect the connectors (A) and then remove the clockspring (B).
Detach the connectors (A) and remove the multi-function switch (B).
Loosen the bolt (A) and then disconnect the universal joint assembly (B) from the steering gear assembly.
Remove the steering column assembly by loosening the steering column mounting bolts and nut.
Make a groove on the head of the special bolt (A) by using a punch.
Loosen the special bolts, then remove the key lock assembly (A) from the steering column (B).
When reassembling the key lock assembly, loosely install new special bolts to the steering column shaft.
Tighten the special bolt until its head shears off.
The remainder of installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the retainers as follows:
- Steering column mounting bolts: 9-13 ft. lbs. (13-18 Nm).
- Steering wheel mounting nut: 29-36 ft. lbs. (40-50 Nm).
Hyundai Accent 2006-2008
Hyundai Azera 2006-2008
Hyundai Elantra 2006-2008
Hyundai Sonata 2006-2008
Hyundai Tiburon 2006-2008
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Remove the crash pad side cover.
- Remove the ignition switch after loosening the screw and disconnecting the 6P connector.
- Remove the steering column shaft.
- Remove the key warning switch and key illumination lamp after loosening the screws and disconnecting the 6P connector.
- Remove the key lock cylinder after pushing the lock pin with the key ON.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.