Hyundai Entourage 2007-2008
The parking brake cable adjustment must be performed AFTER adjusting the parking brake shoes. Refer to Parking Brake Shoes, adjustment.
- Fully apply and release the parking brake 3 times.
Adjust the adjusting nut (A) so the parking brake pedal stroke is 3.46-3.86 inches (88-98mm) when 44 lbs. (200N) of force is applied.
Hyundai Accent 2006-2008
Hyundai Azera 2006-2008
Hyundai Elantra 2006-2008
Hyundai Sonata 2006-2008
Hyundai Tiburon 2006-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Block the front wheels, then raise the rear of the vehicle and make sure it is securely supported.
- Set the parking brake 1 click toward engagement.
- Remove the floor console, if equipped.
- Tighten the adjusting nut until the parking brakes drag slightly when the rear wheels are turned.
- Release the parking brake lever completely.
- Check if the parking brakes drag when the rear wheels are turned. Readjust if necessary until there is no drag from the parking brakes.
- Check the proper operation of the parking brakes by fully applying the parking brakes.
- Reinstall the floor console, if equipped.