Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Check to ensure that the park brake is fully released.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake drum.
- If installing a new brake drum, use denatured alcohol or an equivalent approved brake cleaner and a clean shop towel to remove the protective coating from the friction surface of the drum.
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Apply the brakes approximately 3 times in order to seat and center the brake shoes within the drum.
Lower the vehicle.