Removal & Installation
Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health. Avoid breathing dust particles. Never use an air hose or brush to clean brake assemblies.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Check to ensure that the park brake is fully released.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the brake drum.
- If installing a new brake drum, use denatured alcohol or an equivalent approved brake cleaner and a clean shop towel to remove the protective coating from the friction surface of the drum.
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Apply the brakes approximately 3 times in order to seat and center the brake shoes within the drum.
Lower the vehicle.