REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Unscrew the reservoir cap. Loosen the bleeder plug and drain the clutch fluid into a suitable container. Disconnect the hydraulic tube from the bottom of the release cylinder.
- From inside the vehicle, remove the split pin, clevis pin and washer from the clutch pedal to release the master cylinder pushrod.
- Remove the clutch fluid reservoir tank mounting bolt.
- Loosen the clutch tube clamps to permit movement of the clutch tube. Then, disconnect the clutch tube from the master cylinder.
- Remove the two nuts and pull the master cylinder and gasket from the firewall.
- Inspect the gasket for damage and replace as required.
- Position the master cylinder assembly with gasket onto the fire wall and loosely install the fluid reservoir mounting bolt and the two master cylinder mounting nuts. Tighten the nuts and bolt to specifications.
- Connect the clutch tube to the master cylinder and tighten the tube clamps.
- Connect the pushrod to the clutch pedal and insert the clevis pin. Secure the clevis pin with the split pin.
- Fill and bleed the system. Adjust the clutch as described above. When the pin play adjustment is complete, lubricate the clevis pin with a small amount of wheel bearing or multipurpose grease. Check the clutch for proper performance.