REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper cooling fan shroud-to-radiator support bolts.
- Disconnect the electrical leads from the fan motor. Remove the fan and shroud as an assembly.
- Position the fan and shroud assembly onto the radiator support and install the mounting bolts.
- Connect the electrical leads to the fan motor.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check for proper fan operation.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
If the cooling fan fails to operate, there are 2 items to be checked; the first is the fan motor itself and the second is the thermo- switch. The fan motor can be checked as follows:
- Start the engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature.
- When the radiator temperature reaches 230°deg;F, the electric cooling fan should turn on.