REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On Scoupe and Elantra, set the warm water flow control knob of the heater control to the hot position.
- Drain the radiator. Raise the vehicle and support it safely. Remove the splash shield from under the vehicle.
- Remove the fan shroud and disconnect the fan motor wiring harness.
- Disconnect the radiator hoses and, if equipped, the automatic transaxle cooler hoses. Plug the end of the oil cooler hoses to prevent the transaxle fluid from spilling out and foreign material from getting in.
- Disconnect the expansion tank hose.
- Remove the radiator mounting bolts and lift out the radiator and fan assembly. The fan and motor may be left attached to the radiator and removed with the radiator as one unit.
- Install the radiator. Tighten the retaining bolts gradually in a crisscross pattern.
- Connect the expansion tank hose, the radiator hoses and the automatic transaxle oil cooler lines.
- Install the fan shroud and connect the fan wiring.
- Install the splash shield and refill the engine with coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable, run the vehicle until the thermostat opens, fill the radiator completely and check the automatic transaxle fluid level, if equipped.
- Once the vehicle has cooled, recheck the coolant level.