On all cars, the tail pipe is one piece with the main muffler.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear end on jackstands, placed under the frame, so that the wheels hang freely.
- Unbolt the muffler inlet pipe from the catalytic converter. It may be necessary to spray the joint liberally with a penetrant/rust dissolver compound such as Liquid Wrench, WD-40, or equivalent.
- Remove the muffler from the rubber hangers.
- When installing the new muffler, make sure that the muffler and pipe are properly aligned and not in contact with any body or suspension part before tightening the joint. Use new flange gaskets. Torque the nuts to the specifications given in the illustrations.
- Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks.