REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the door.
- Place some kind of support stand under the door or have someone hold it for you.
- Remove the door trim panel and disconnect the door speaker wiring, power window wiring, power mirror and central locking system wiring. If equipped with manual window regulators, insert a screwdriver behind the regulator handle to release the clip and remove the handle.
- Remove the hinge-to-pillar bolts.
- Disconnect the door limiter strap.
- Remove the door.
- Support the door and connect the door limiter strap.
- Continue supporting the door and install the hinge-to-pillar bolts. Torque the bolts to 26-30 ft. lbs. (36-42 Nm).
- Connect the door accessory wiring and install the door trim panel.
Close and open the door several times to make sure it works properly and that it is properly positioned. As you do this, cheek for the following:
- A flush fit of the door with the body.
- Equal gaps on the front, rear, top and bottom edges between the door and body.
- Edges of the door and body are parallel.
- Door does not shake when closed.
- Door latches shut without slamming.
- Accessories work properly
Door Position Adjustment
See Figure 1
A properly adjusted front or rear door should exhibit the following characteristics:
If the door is not positioned as described above, then a door position adjustment must be performed.
Door position adjustment is made by means of Special Tool 09793-21000 at the hinges. When using this tool, make sure that the painted surfaces in the immediate area are covered with masking tape to protect the paint.Striker Adjustment
See Figure 2
If the door striker is adjusted properly, the door will not shake when closed and it will latch shut will minimal closing effort. If the door does not perform as described, then the striker must be adjusted. To adjust the door striker perform the following:
- Trace a thin pencil line around the striker plate for reference.
- Loosen the striker screws.
- Move the striker IN or OUT to make the latch tighter or looser.
- Move the striker UP or DOWN to align the striker with the latch opening.
- Tighten the latch screws and recheck. Hold the outside handle out and push the door against the body to make sure the striker fits flush.