REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1986-89 Excel Only
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Unbolt the stabilizer bar from the strut bar.
- Remove the bolts securing the strut bar to the control arm.
- Remove the strut bar-to-frame bracket outer nut and pull the bar from the bracket.
- Inspect all parts and replace any cracked, dry or deformed parts. The strut bar bend must not exceed 3mm over its entire length.
- Install the strut bar into the strut bar bracket and install the bracket nut. Note that the left side bar is identified with a dab of white paint. When installing the strut bar at the strut bar bracket, the distance between the inner locknut and the end of the strut bar must be 80.5mm. Torque the strut bar-to-bracket nut to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).
- Install the strut bar-to-control arm bolts and torque them to 87 ft. lbs. (118 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer bar-to-strut bar bolts and torque them to 50 inch lbs. (6-7 Nm).