REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire.
- Remove the inner fender or splash shield as required.
- Beginning at the sensor end, carefully disconnect or release each clip and retainer along the sensor wire. Take careful note of the exact position of each clip; they must be reinstalled in the identical position.
- Disconnect the sensor connector at the end of the harness.
- Remove the bolt holding the speed sensor bracket to the knuckle and remove the assembly from the vehicle.
The speed sensor has a pole piece projecting from it. This exposed tip must be protected from impact or scratches. Do not allow the pole piece to contact the toothed wheel during removal or installation.
- Remove the sensor from the bracket.
- Assemble the sensor onto the bracket and tighten the bolt to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Route the cable correctly and loosely install the clips and retainers. All clips must be in their original position and the sensor cable must not be twisted. Improper installation may cause cable damage and system failure.
The wiring in the harness is easily damaged by twisting and flexing.
- Tighten the screws and bolts for the cable retaining clips.
- Install the inner fender or splash shield, if removed.
- Install the wheel and tire. Lower the vehicle to the ground.