REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the lower instrument panel knee protector, steering column covers and the clip that holds the wiring against the steering column.
- Remove the combination switch and harness.
- Unplug the electrical connector for the ignition lock.
- Use a hacksaw to cut a slit in the top of each of the fastening bolts. Unscrew the bolts and remove the switch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. When installing the new switch, align the halves of the assembly around the steering column, align the assembly with the column boss and then install the special new installation bolts loosely.
- Verify that the ignition switch works and tighten the bolts until their heads break off.
- Install the steering wheel.