REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The washer fluid reservoir can be removed through the engine compartment. The reservoir for all models includes the front and rear washer motors.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On Excel with carbureted engine, the washer tank is on the passengers side.
- Disconnect the electrical leads from the washer pump motors.
- Disconnect 1 of the hoses and drain the washer fluid into a suitable container, for reuse.
- Disconnect the other hose from the tank. Remove the tank retaining bolts.
- Remove the tank from above, through the engine compartment.
- The washer pumps can now be removed if needed.
- Install the pumps in the tank, if removed.
- Install the tank into the vehicle and install the mounting bolts. Tighten the mounting bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the electrical lead and the hoses.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Refill the reservoir and test the operation of the system.