REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the power booster.
- Remove the master cylinder.
- Disconnect the pushrod at the brake pedal.
- Remove the power booster mounting bolts
- Carefully remove the power booster from the firewall.
- Install the brake booster on the firewall and tighten the mounting nuts to 15-21 ft. lbs. (21-28 Nm) on Sonata and 6-9 ft. lbs. (8-12 Nm) except Sonata.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the power booster.
- Install the master cylinder.
- Operate the engine at idle with the transmission in Neutral without touching the brake pedal for at least two minutes.
- Turn the engine off, and wait one minute.
- Test for the presence of assist vacuum by depressing the brake pedal and releasing it several times. Light application will produce less and less pedal travel, if vacuum is present.
- Pump the brake pedal (with engine off) until the supply vacuum is entirely gone.
- Put a light, steady pressure on the pedal.
- Start the engine, and allow it to idle with the transaxle in neutral (manual transaxle) or park (automatic transaxle)
- If the brake booster is operating properly, the