REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Place a drain pan under the proportioning valve to catch dripping brake fluid.
- Label, disconnect and plug the brake lines at the proportioning valve.
Use a flare nut wrench to avoid damage to the lines and fittings.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the proportioning valve.
- Install the proportioning valve and tighten the mounting bolts to 9-16 ft. lbs. (13-22 Nm) on Sonata or 6-9 ft. lbs. (8-12 Nm) except Sonata.
- Connect the brake lines and tighten fittings to 9-12 ft. lbs. (13-17 Nm).
- Refill the system with fluid and bleed the brakes.