See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the stop light switch at the brake pedal lever.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the switch.
- Remove the switch.
- Thread the stop light switch into the bracket.
- Adjust the switch so the distance between the end of the switch plunger and the brake lever stop is 0.020-0.039 in. (0.5-1.0mm).
- Tighten the locknut securely.
- Connect the electrical harness to the switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Make sure the stop lights come on when the brake pedal is depressed and go out when the pedal is released. Also, make sure the cruise control system operates properly.