REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Unscrew the reservoir cap.
- Loosen the bleeder plug and drain the clutch fluid into a suitable container.
- Disconnect and plug the hydraulic line at the release cylinder.
- From inside the vehicle, remove the split pin, clevis pin and washer from the clutch pedal to release the master cylinder pushrod.
- Remove the clutch fluid reservoir tank mounting bolt.
- Loosen the hydraulic line clamps to permit movement of the clutch tube.
- Disconnect the hydraulic line from the master cylinder.
- Remove the two nuts and pull the master cylinder and gasket from the firewall.
- Inspect the gasket for damage and replace as required.
- Position the master cylinder assembly with gasket onto the fire wall and tighten mounting nuts and bolts to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).
- Connect the hydraulic line to the master cylinder and tighten to 9-12 ft. lbs. (13-17 Nm).
- Connect the pushrod to the clutch pedal and insert the clevis pin. Secure the clevis pin with the split pin.
- Fill and bleed the system.
- Adjust the clutch pedal height and free play.
- When the pin play adjustment is complete, lubricate the clevis pin with a small amount of wheel bearing or multipurpose grease.
- Check the clutch for proper performance.