REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Unscrew the reservoir cap.
- Loosen the bleeder plug and drain the clutch fluid into a suitable container.
- Disconnect and plug the hydraulic line at the release cylinder.
- Remove the cylinder from the clutch housing.
- Inspect the cylinder for leakage or torn boots and repair or replace as required.
- Apply a thin coating of grease to the contact points of the release shaft and the release cylinder pushrod.
- Install the release cylinder and tighten to 14-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).
- Connect the hydraulic line to the release cylinder and tighten to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).
- Fill and bleed the system.
- Adjust the clutch pedal height and free play.
- When the pin play adjustment is complete, lubricate the clevis pin with a small amount of wheel bearing or multipurpose grease.
- Check the clutch for proper performance.
HYDRAULIC SYSTEM BLEEDING
See Figures 3 and 4
Whenever a clutch system hydraulic component is removed, a hydraulic line disconnected or the system is opened for any reason, the system must be bled to remove any air that may be trapped inside the system.
To bleed the system you will need: a good supply of brake fluid that meets or exceeds DOT 3 specifications, a small transparent plastic container, a wrench to loosen and tighten the bleeder screw, a small length of clear plastic hose to attach to the bleeder screw and an assistant to work the clutch pedal.
- Unscrew the clutch fluid reservoir cap.
- Loosen the bleeder screw just so fluid starts to leak out of the bleeder hole.
- Fill the plastic container halfway with brake fluid.
- Connect the hose to the bleeder screw and place the other end of hose into the container of brake fluid.
- Fill the reservoir to the MAX fill line and have the assistant pump the clutch pedal slowly. You will notice air bubbles rising to the top of the fluid container. Keep the reservoir full at all times.
- Repeat the previous step until all the air bubbles are gone.
- Tighten the bleeder screw and cheek the fluid level. Add fluid as necessary until the proper level is reached.
- Install the reservoir cap.