The BARO sensor is an integral part of the VAF. The sensor signal is used by the ECM to compute the altitude at which the vehicle is running and corrects the ignition timing and air/fuel ratio for best driveability and performance.
See Figures 1 and 2
Testing of the BARO sensor requires the use of a scan tool.
- Connect the scan tool as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Note the elevation in feet of the site where the test is being performed.
- The signal from the barometric pressure sensor should correspond with the actual altitude as per the barometric pressure sensor SPECIFICATION CHARTS.
- If the sensor is not within specification, check the power and ground circuits.
- If the power and ground circuits are functional, the sensor is faulty.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The BARO sensor is an integral part of the VAF and can not be serviced separately. If the sensor is found to be defective, the VAF must be replaced as an assembly.