REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the transaxle.
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, remove the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing.
- Loosen the flywheel bolts a little at a time in a cross pattern to avoid warping the flywheel.
- On vehicles with manual transaxle, replace the pilot bearing in the end of the crankshaft.
On 1.5L (VIN E) engines with a manual transaxle, there is a crank angle sensor ring bolted to the flywheel. This ring must be removed before any repairs are done on the flywheel or ring gear.To Install:
- Install the flywheel and tighten bolts a little at a time, in a cross pattern to specification.
On 1.5L (VIN E) engines with a manual transaxle, install the crank angle sensor ring and tighten the mounting bolts to 8.6-10.8 ft. lbs. (12-15 Nm).
- On manual transaxle equipped vehicles, install the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing.
- Install the transaxle.