REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely.
- Remove the underbody splash shield.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the oil pan bolts and slide the oil pan out from under the vehicle.
- Clean the mating surfaces of the oil pan and the engine block.
- Apply a 1/8 in. (3 mm) bead of RTV sealer along the groove in the oil pan.
- Install the oil pan and tighten bolts to 4-6 ft. lbs. (6-8 Nm) on all engines except 1.5L (VIN E) and 11-16 ft. lbs. (15-22 Nm) on 1.5L (VIN E).
- Install the oil pan drain plug and tighten to 25-33 ft. lbs. (35-45 Nm).
- Install the splash shield
- Lower the vehicle.
- Refill the crankcase with oil.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach operating temperature. Check for leaks.