REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Drain the cooling system to a point below the level of the tubes in the top tank of the radiator.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the coolant sensor or thermo switch, as necessary.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose at the water outlet fitting.
- Remove the water outlet fitting and gasket.
- Remove the thermostat.
- Clean the mating surfaces of the water outlet fitting and intake manifold thoroughly.
- Install the thermostat with the spring facing downward.
The jiggle valve in the thermostat should be on the manifold side.
- Install the housing using a new gasket. Tighten the housing bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (17-20 Nm).
- Connect the electrical harness to the coolant sensor or thermo switch.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and allow it to reach operating temperature. Check for leaks.
- Once the vehicle has cooled, recheck the coolant level.