See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1.5L (VIN E) Turbo Engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the turbocharger air intake pipe and the air intake hose.
- Disconnect the water return and feed hoses.
- Disconnect the oil feed and drain pipe connectors from the turbo housing.
- Remove the turbocharger discharge pipe and bracket from the outlet (exhaust) side of the turbo.
- Remove the turbo mounting bolts and remove the turbo.
- Install the turbo in position on the manifold, using a new gasket. Tighten the turbo mounting bolts to 18-25 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
- Connect the discharge pipe and bracket to the turbo, tighten the bolts to 18-25 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
- Connect the oil lines to the turbo housing.
- Connect the water return and feed hoses.
- Connect the air intake pipe and hose.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
Start the engine and allow it to reach operating temperature. Check for leaks.