REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle so that it is just off of the ground.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the inner fender cover assembly bolts and remove it.
- Remove the fender mounting bolts.
The fender is joined to the body with sealer at some points. When removing the fender, a small putty knife will help to break the seal in these areas.
- Remove the fender from the vehicle. Be careful of the painted surfaces.
- Apply body sealer (available from Hyundai) to the correct location. Install the fender in position, do not tighten the bolts. Check the fender-to-hood-to-door clearance. Once the clearance is correct and even, tighten all of the mounting bolts.
- Install the inner fender assembly and its mounting bolts.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly. Lower the vehicle.