REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the defroster grid wires and rear wiper wiring. The connectors for the wiper are found behind the quarter panel trim.
- Disconnect the rear washer hose.
- Have an assistant support the hatch. With the hatch fully open, unbolt the hydraulic supports from the hatch and C-pillar.
- Remove the hinge-to-hatch bolts and lift off the hatch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the hinge-to-hatch bolts to 20-25 ft. lbs. (28-35 Nm). Lubricate the hatch latch with white lithium or suitable chassis grease.
- Side-to-side and fore-aft positioning can be adjusted by loosening the hinge bolts and moving the hatch as necessary.
- Striker adjustment is made by loosening the striker bolts and moving the striker as necessary.