REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Cover the front body area with a blanket for protection when removing and installing the hood.
- Open the hood and have an assistant support it.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Remove the hinge-to-hood bolts and lift off the hood.
- Install the hood in position and align the marks made during removal.
- Install the hinge bolts and tighten to 16-19 ft. lbs. (22-27 Nm).
- Check the alignment of the hood, and adjust as needed.
See Figures 4 and 5
- Adjust the hood side-to-side and fore-aft fit by loosening the hood-to-hinge bolts and repositioning the hood as necessary.
- Hood lock centering adjustment is made by loosening the lock plate bolts and moving the plate as necessary.
- Hood vertical fit is adjusted by raising or lowering the hood stops.