REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the trunk lid fully.
- Matchmark the lid-to-hinge position.
- Disconnect the main trunk wiring connectors.
- Have someone hold the lid while you remove the nuts securing the lid to the hinges.
- Install the trunk lid in position, aligning the matchmarks made during removal. Install the retaining bolts and tighten to 5-6 ft. lbs. (7-9 Nm). Lubricate the trunk lid latch with white lithium or suitable chassis grease.
- Adjust the trunk lid as needed.
- Loosen the trunk lid hinge attaching bolts until they are just loose enough to move the trunk lid.
- Move the trunk lid for and aft to obtain a flush fit between the trunk lid and the rear fender.
- To obtain a snug fit between the trunk lid and weatherstrip, loosen the trunk lid lock striker attaching bolts enough to move the lid, working the striker up and down and from side to side as required.
- After the adjustment is made tighten the striker bolts securely.