REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Detach the brake hose from the clip on the strut.
- Unbolt the strut from the knuckle.
- Remove the four strut-to-fender nuts.
- Pull the strut away from the steering knuckle and wheelhouse and out from the car.
On some models it is helpful to raise the lower arm with a jack and attach the brake hose, brake line, front speed sensor harness and drive shaft to the steering knuckle with a piece of rope or wire after the strut is separated from the knuckle.To install:
- Before installing the strut, make sure the surface where the strut attaches to the knuckle is clean. This ensures a good connection.
- Position the strut onto the knuckle and inside fender apron and install the upper and lower attaching hardware.
Observe the following torque specifications:
Strut-to-knuckle bolts-65-76 ft. lbs. (95-105 Nm) for Accent, Excel, Scoupe and Sonata.
- Install the tire and wheel and lower the vehicle.
See Figures 6 through 15