REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Excel, Scoupe and Accent
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Disconnect the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
- Remove rear roll stopper bolts and rear roll bracket assembly mounting bolt.
- Pull the rear roll bracket assembly forward.
Do not disconnect the center member assembly.
- Loosen the stabilizer link bolt, then separate the bar from the lower arm.
- Loosen the stabilizer bar mounting bolts through the steering gear box access opening provided on the body.
- Remove the stabilizer bar through the access opening.
- Remove the upper and lower brackets and remove the bushing.
- Install the bushing to the stabilizer bar.
Align the upper and lower brackets with the bushing. Ensure the projections are securely in the space between the brackets.
Distinguish the side the fixtures are to be installed by locating the identification marks stamped on each; R will denote the right side and L will denote the left side fixture. They are not the same and should be installed as labeled.
- Using the access opening, temporarily tighten the bushing brackets, then position the opposite side bushing.
- Securely tighten the stabilizer bar mounts to 12-19 ft. lbs. (17-26 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer link to the lower arm making sure that the stabilizer bar mounting spacer, bushing and cup are aligned properly. Tighten the link bolt lock nut until 0.945-1.024 in. (22-26 mm) of the bolt threads are showing through the lower arm.
- Install the rear roll bracket assembly.
- Connect the tie rod end to the steering knuckle.
- Lower the vehicle.
See Figures 2 and 3